– 2 tablespoons peanut oil
– 400g firm tofu, sliced into small cubes.
– 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced thinly on the diagonal
– 1 bunch baby bok choy, leaves separated from stems, stems diagonally cut into 2 cm pieces
– 180g snow peas, washed, ends trimmed
– 150g oyster mushrooms
– 3 cups bean sprouts
– 2 cloves garlic, crushed
– Nob of ginger, peeled and grated
– 1 tablespoon Bioglan SuperFoods Chia Seeds
– 1 tablespoon cornflour
– 1/8 cup soy sauce
1. Prepare all the ingredients according to order listed above. This will make stir-frying quick and easy.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok and stir-fry the tofu until golden brown. Remove from the wok and set aside.
3. Heat the second tablespoon of the oil in the wok and stir-fry the vegetable, adding them in the following order (from the most firm to soft): carrot and bok choy stems; snow peas and oyster mushrooms; bok choy leaves and bean sprouts; garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for a few minutes after each addition. Vegetables should just start to soften but remain crisp and brightly coloured.
4. Return the fried tofu pieces to the wok.
5. Blend the cornflour in ┬¥ cup of water until smooth. Add the soy souce.
6. Pour the soy sauce/cornflour mixture into the wok over the vegetables and tofu and continue to stir-fry for a few more minutes. The wok contents should start to sizzle and vegetables will become glossy as the sauce thickens slightly.
7. Sprinkle Bioglan SuperFoods Chia seeds and serve