Quick and Easy Frittata
NutriSlim Program-friendly | By Katharine Bennett, Dietitian / Exercise Physiologist ADP, AN, AEP
Nutritional Information: 243 kcal, 27g protein, 3g carbs, 12g fat per serve
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- 2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 shallots, sliced thinly
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ tsp freshly chopped basil
- Preheat the oven to 220o
- Heat a small-medium non-stick frying pan over medium to high heat and sauté the mushrooms for 2-3 minutes. Add the shallots and cook for a further minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add the baby spinach, cooking until the leaves are just wilted.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, ricotta and basil together, add salt and pepper to taste if desired and slowly pour over the cooked vegetables. Let it stand for 2 minutes without stirring, or until the sides are just cooked.
- Transfer the frying pan to the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes, until the eggs is cooked though and slightly browned on top.
- Let the dish stand for 1 minute before serving