Pho Inspired Noodle Soup
Recipe by Natalie Prabha
This Pho Inspired Noodle Soup is a must-try! Not only will you have a delicious and nutritious meal, you will also help support your skin’s elasticity and firmness, collagen production, gut health, joint health, vitality and wellbeing!
For the pho soup broth:
- 1 teaspoon Bioglan Coconut Oil
- 1 small onion (peeled and halved)
- 1 carrot (roughly chopped)
- 1 3-inch size ginger (peeled and sliced)
- 2 tablespoons Bioglan Beef Bone Broth Powder
- 2 star anise
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or any sweetener of choice)
For the noodles and toppings:
- 150 grams of sirloin (cut into 1/8 inch slices) *freezing the steak in the freezer for 15-20 minutes before cutting makes it easier to cut.
- 2 nests of dry flat rice noodles
- 1 scallion stalk (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 8-10 mints leaves
- 8-10 thai basil leaves
- 8-10 sprigs coriander
- 1 lime sliced into wedges
- 1 red chili (sliced) *seeds can be removed depending on preferred spiciness
- sriracha sauce or hoisin sauce to serve
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a medium pot. Add halved onions on cut side down, carrot, cinnamon stick, and ginger and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add all the other ingredients for the broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat down to a simmer and let cook for 20 minutes, uncovered.
- While broth is cooking, cook rice noodles according to the instructions on the packet. Drain and set aside.
- After 20 minutes of cooking, taste the broth and adjust seasoning if needed. Once broth is ready, strain broth and return to heat over low heat to keep warm.
- To serve, divide noodles evenly to two serving bowls and top with thinly sliced raw beef. Ladle the steaming broth into the bowl, pouring over the beef evenly too cook the meat.
- Top with the rest of the toppings and enjoy!