- 1 cup quinoa grain, rinsed
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp pesto
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup peas, blanched and refreshed
- 1 cup broccoli florets, blanched and refreshed
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut in thirds, blanched and refreshed
- 2 cups rocket leaves
- 2 silverbeet leaves, stalks removed, roughly torn
- ½ cup basil leaves
- ¼ cup pepitas
- celtic salt and black pepper
- Opt: 2 spring onions (the recipe works beautifully with or without the onion)
- Combine water and quinoa in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to simmer, keeping lid on and cook until water is absorbed and quinoa ÔÇÿtails’ appear.
- Remove quinoa from heat once cooked and add olive oil, pesto and lemon juice, mixing in well so the quinoa becomes a lovely green colour. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl combine peas, broccoli, asparagus rocket, silverbeet, basil and pepitas, then add the warm quinoa and toss all ingredients together.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Serves 4 people.