Grilled Vegetable Stack
NutriSlim Program-friendly | By Katharine Bennett, Dietitian / Exercise Physiologist ADP, AN, AEP
Nutrition Information: 234 kcal, 14g protein, 20g carbs, 9g fat per serve
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 200g sweet potato, sliced into thinly length ways
- 1 capsicum, quartered length-ways
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1cm slices
- 3 zucchinis cut into thin slices lengthways
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 small punch fresh basil
- Heat a grill or barbeque on high.
- Arrange the vegetable slices on the grill starting with the sweet potato first if you need to cook the vegetables in stages (the sweet potato will take the longest to cook). Cook the vegetables on each side for 3-5 minutes, or until softened and nicely browned. Allow the vegetable to cook for one minute.
- Start layer the cooked vegetables one on top of the other with a spread of ricotta cheese and fresh basil leaf in between each layer. Top the stake with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper taste if desired.
Note: this recipe can be made for an individual by dividing the ingredients by 4 and cooking only 1 portion.