– one large potato per person
– 6-8 cups Bioglan Coconut Oil
– Sea salt
1. Peel the potatoes and cut lengthwise into French fries
2. Cover the potatoes with filtered water and let sit for at least 30 minutes
3. Put the coconut oil in a heavy pot or a deep fat fryer. If using a heavy saucepan or stock pot, attach the thermometer.
4. Dry the potatoes very thoroughly (if they are wet, it can be dangerous when frying) with kitchen roll.
5. Preheat the oven to 80 degrees C. Heat coconut oil to 180 degrees, and then carefully add some of the potatoes. Don’t overfill the pan with fries
6. Fry for 3 minutes, then, using the basket from the fryer, transfer the fries to the paper towels.
7. Wait until the coconut oil heats up again to 180 degrees, then add another batch of potatoes. Fry for 3 minutes, and continue until all done.
8. Now it’s time for the second fry. Bring the coconut oil to 190 degrees and then add some of the fries you cooked once
9. Fry for 3 1/2 minutes this time, then transfer back to the paper-
10. Sprinkle with sea salt.
11. Repeat with the rest of the fries.
12. Transfer to oven to keep warm or serve immediately.