10 Snacks For Under 100 Calories!
By Katharine Bennett, Dietitian / Exercise Physiologist ADP, AN, AEP
Being well prepared with healthy snack options will keep those hunger pains at bay while still stimulating your metabolism and giving your body something nourishing in the process.
Why not try some of these snacks all under 100 calories:
1) 1 small punnet of blueberries (150g) = 78 calories and a powerhouse of anti-oxidants
2) 2 cups or 370g of strawberries = 98 calories – and imagine how full you will feel after 2 while cups
3) 200ml skim milk + 1 teaspoon chocolate powder = 93 calories
4) 1 punnett Cherry tomatoes and 25g hummus = 84 calories
5) 2 cups air-popped popcorn = 55 calories
6) 2 dates + 1 tsp peanut butter (be mindful this is only a level 1/2 tsp per date) = 98kcal
7) 120g whole edamame beans = 93 calories
8) 6 roasted chestnuts = 97 calories (a faster trick – score a cross in the chestnuts on the flat side and microwave for 30-45 seconds, peel and they are ready to eat!)
9) 2 x vita weat + 20g avocado + 4 slices tomato = 99 calories
And you can even afford to eat…
10) 1 rice cake with 30g ricotta cheese and 4 slices tomato topped with fresh basil can cracked pepper = 75 calories
Have any other favourite snacks under 100 calories? Let us know in the comments below!