- 250 g cooked beetroot, grated
- 1 cup almond butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 tablespoons Bioglan Cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons Bioglan Beetroot powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 125g dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Put the beetroot, nut butter, eggs, almond meal, cacao, beetroot powder, sugar, bicarbonate soda and chocolate into a bowl and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 40 minutes or until a set, the mixture may still be a little gooey when you insert a skewer into the centre.
- Remove from the oven, cool in the tin.