Chia-Crusted Tofu with Sweet & Spicy Peanut Sauce
For the tofu:
- 350 grams firm tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce (or soy sauce if not gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Bioglan Coconut Sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup Bioglan Organics Chia Seeds
For the Sweet and Spicy Peanut Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons natural smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons Bioglan Coconut Sugar
- ½ tablespoon tamari sauce (or soy sauce if not gluten-free)
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
For the Chia-Crusted Tofu:
- Pat tofu dry with paper towel. Cut tofu lengthwise into 8 slices. Place sliced tofu into a ziplock bag.
- Prepare marinade by whisking together tamari, minced garlic, lime juice, Bioglan coconut sugar and toasted sesame oil in a small bowl until sugar has dissolved. Pour marinade over tofu in the ziplock bag and gently move bag around with hands to evenly coat the tofu.
- Put ziplock bag in refrigerator and let the tofu marinate for 1 to 4 hours.
- After marinating, preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread Bioglan chia seeds over a large plate. Press 1 side of each piece of tofu into the chia seeds and evenly coat all sides. Transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until seeds are fragrant and the cutlets are golden brown, flipping over the tofu cutlets halfway through cooking time.
- To make Sweet and Spicy Peanut sauce, whisk all ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
- Drizzle sauce onto tofu or served on the side with rice and your favourite veggies. Enjoy!